Me

My photo
Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Here to document what's a gwan, feel free to have a perusal! Any views found herein are my own, yada-yada-yada

Sunday, 11 March 2012

Saturday!

Quality night online with 'He Who Shan't Be Named Online' - but today I fancy going it alone.

Up early, nice weather so I decide to go for a swim in the hotel pool in the Gulf of Oman. Lovely day for it so why not. Rhetorical question so no question mark.

Couple of hours and a smattering of achievements with lots of fun and a few beers thrown in to help.

Must start doing something constructive with my weekends so today I shall begin the decorating.

I've stripped the walls of wallpaper. Need tools though so call me Dad who loves this type of stuff and he wants to come down to help. What a difference a Dave makes. Mam comes down too. Awesome.

A fabulous day ensues which includes decorating, putting up a mirrored bathroom cabinet, loo-roll holder, two towel rails, a tumbler holder for me toothbrush etc and a soap tray. Looks mint. (the bathroom not the paste...)

Next up is the riving out of the cupboard in the lounge. What a job, bigger than I expected... Takes me and my Dad about 3 hours all together. There's enough wood from this cupboard to make a small house.

Lounge has doubled in size, or at least looks like it now.

All this done to the quality sounds of Bonobo and a little Morcheba, some tea was supped and some digestives digested.

Awesome.


Just need a little plaster work done then I can do the gloss in the lounge, do the ceiling then wallpaper the walls.

Then start the bedroom, then the hallway and that's the flat done.....

Mam buys me 20 tabs and some beers for to chill out with tonight, she's great. The best actually.

Really starting to feel like I have a home now. At the risk of sounding a little bit wet, it's quite emotional. Been a very, very long time since I've felt like this.

Decide against chilling but jump onto BF3 instead. Fantabulous.

Frosties then bed. Nytol